Saturday, February 18, 2012

Fabric Covered Button Bobby Pins

Vintage & Damask Inspired Bobby Pins



Scrap book embellishments can make some very pretty bobby pins. Lately, I have been trying to clean out some of my scrap book supplies. I found a good use for fabric covered button brads. I decided to make hair pins out of them. I cut the brad off the back with wire cutters as close to the base as I could. I then hot glued the button to the bezel provided on the bobby pin. You can get really sturdy bobby pins with a flat area for gluing or a bezel type at Hobby Lobby craft store.

Take a second look at your scrap book supplies. If you like to add flair to your hair, scrap book supply bobby pins are easy and affordable to make. I have listed the above hair fasteners in my Etsy Store.

No comments: