Saturday, November 17, 2012

Altered Game Card Steampunk Pendant



I altered a card from a Memory Game I picked up at a garage sale over the summer to make this pendant. I covered the chipboard with scrapbook paper and then rubber stamped the cog on with an Inkadinkado stamp and brown ink. I then used a collage image of a steampunk woman from Gecko Galz. She is off the Steampunk sheet. I added some metallic gold paint to her collar and the hardware on her hat. I added a metal flower that I also touched up with the metallic gold paint. I glued a golden pearl to the center of the flower.

I am entering this pendant in the following challenges:

Gecko Galz Yahoo Group - color challenge (brown & gold)
Gingerloft - #52 a touch of gold
Frilly & Funky - chipboard & metal
Papertake Weekly - flower power
Digi Galore - altered item

~following my paper whims~Wendy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pendant Wendy, love the image you've used and the gold really is the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Lynda said...

What a great idea, lovely image too. Thanks for entering the Digi Galore challenge and good luck.
Hugs

Lynda said...

What a lovely idea, I really like it, great image too. Thanks for entering the Digi Galore challenge and good luck
Hugs

Lisa said...

This is so pretty and creative! Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

Marjie Kemper said...

So clever and unique! What a great idea to use that game card. You've transformed it into a lovely pendant... thanks so much for sharing it with us at Frilly & Funkie!