Sunday, November 18, 2012

Altered Jar - Circus Girl




I created this circus girl in a jar for the Gecko Galz Yahoo Group Challenge. The image is from Gecko Galz. They sell a wide variety of collage sheets for crafters to use in their artwork. Check it out.

I added some chalk to the image to make it really colorful. I glued the image to a piece of cardstock and then cut out around it. I then glued the image to a large craft stick to give it even more support. I left about an inch on the bottom to stick into the rice. I added some sequins to the design and the jar contents. I glued some black pom pom trim around the top of the jar.

I had fun photographing the jar outside on my neighbor's fence. It was the perfect backdrop for a jar fairy. I couldn't decide which pic I liked best so I posted them all.

I am entering this altered jar in the following challenges:

Gecko Galz Yahoo Group - crystal clear
Dream Valley - #45 anything goes
Divas by Design - #61 anything goes
Penny's Paper Crafty - #102 anything goes
Creative Moments - #4 anything goes
Craft Punked - #46 anything goes
Digi Galore - altered item
The Squirrel & Fox - #31 anything goes
Robyn's Fetish - #134 make it vintage
Little Miss Muffet - #48 textile

~altering what I can with paper whims~ Wendy

7 comments:

Mian said...

Wow, what a great and lovely project! Love it when you recycle and this is really a great way!

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this fortnight at The Squirrel and The Fox.
Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

Mian
The Squirrel and The Fox Design Team Member
http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Fantastic creation Wendy !! What a colourful gal she is !! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Robyn's Fetish !!

hugs Diane xx

Unknown said...

Great project. Thanks for joining us at Divas this week x

Unknown said...

Me again! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley this week x

Wendy said...

Fabulous project.....Thanks for playing along at Divas by Design this week.
Wendy xx

Nathalie said...

Hello,
very original project. thank you for joining us to Little Miss Muffet.
Hugs!
Nathalie

s4rah said...

Beautiful project, thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week!