Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas Snowman Card


I created this Christmas card with a free image from A Day for Daisies. If you go here, you can get your own snowman digital stamp.

I colored the snowman with MS Paint and added chalks for shadows. The card is embellished with a die cut heart and paper punched snowflakes. I also added some bling with glitter and snowflake sequins. The carrot nose is a mini orange seed bead. I used pastel colors instead of your usual red and green and I love how this card turned out. I hope you like it too!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Gecko Galz Yahoo Group - Christmas Card
Paper Creators - #1 all about Christmas
Aud Sentiments - Bingo (Merry+Bling+Diecut)
A Day for Daisies - use their image
The Paper Shelter - Christmas is coming
Dilly Beans - anything goes
All Sorts - bring on the bling
Simon Says Stamp & Show - heart
Bunny Zoe's - winter
Simon Says Challenge - anything goes
The Crafty Blogger's Network - #5 Christmas
Paper Playtime - #89 anything goes
Pause Dream Enjoy - #47 anything goes
The Crafty Pad - #198 glitter
Paper Cupcakes - sparkle
Whoopsi Daisy - use a digi
Divas by Design - glitter & sparkle
Inky Impressions - pastel or vintage

~following my paper whims~Wendy

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just the cutest!!! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)

Heather said...

Such fabulous colours and papers. Your details are great and I love that cute little 'plump' snowman.

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge.

Miradormakings said...

I love the snowman and great colouring. Thank you for joining us over at Whoopsi Daisy this week.

Joan x

Crea-Sandra said...

Lovely image, I like the colors!!
Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments!
Hugs xx Sandra

Unknown said...

Ahhh how cute

A Fabulous entry to our “USE A DIGI ” Challenge ,and thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy Challenge this week Good Luck Hugs Elaine

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Thought I'd commented on this cute snowman yesterday indciating it was fashionable dressed. Thanks for entering Pause Dream Enjoy Anything Goes challenge.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
PDE DT

Pat said...

Cute snowman. Thanks for joining PDE Challenges this week.

Lisa xx said...

oh what a sweetie! Thank you for sharing this with aud sentiments xx

Netty said...

Loving your gorgeous card and the snowman is such a cutie, xx

Sarah said...

Aww this is so adorable. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts for our Bring On The Bling challenge x

Sherry Eckblad said...

Your card turned out just wonderful. Love how you did Snowball Scott's hat. Thanks for joining us this week at ADFD.

Laine Kammeraad said...

Oh my goodness Wendy - this card is soooo cute. The snowman is adorable and melts my heart. Makes me smile every time I look at it. I love the colors you used and that hat is just way to cute.

Hugs and smiles

Laine

Wendy said...

Thanks Laine...I see you applied for DT on Artistic Inspirations. I am already on the team so I gave you a thumbs up with the administrator. Hope you will be joining me on that Team as well as Tuesday Alchemy.
~Wendy

Jenn Borjeson said...

Adorable! Thank you for joining us at Dilly Beans. :)

nanetteyf said...

very cute! thanks for joining us at inky impressions good luck in the draw!
nanetteyf

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card with a beautifully coloured image...thanks for joining Inky Impressions!
xxx Margreet

Debbie said...

Lovely card and just perfect for our challenge this week at The Crafty Pad, thanks for playing along. :)

Debbie The Crafty Pad Designs

Ger said...

Cute card! Thankyou for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network.
Geraldine M
CBN DT

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute and nicely done. Thanks, for joining us over at There's Magic in the Air/Paper Cupcakes.

Bente said...

A really stunning card, thanks for joining us at The Paper shelter this week.
Hugs, Bente

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Wendy, super cute snowman and I love the colours you've used.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Hi Wendy - what a cute snowman and lovely colour scheme too! Thanks for "Adding some Glitter" to your card and sharing at The Crafty Pad last week.
Helen x (DT)
PS: Sorry I'm late in commenting - I got ambushed by life!