Friday, November 9, 2012

Pendant Necklace - Altered Game Piece - Vintage Woman


I created this pendant with a "Bob the Builder" Memory Game piece. I picked up the game at a garage sale over the summer. I knew as soon as I opened the box that they would make excellent brooches, pendants and magnets. I always like to craft green when I can.

I used a variety of mixed media techniques to prepare the chipboard card. I then cut out my image from a collage sheet by Moonlight Journey. This one was a freebie but they have lots of sheets in their online store to choose from. I used mod podge to attach my image and then I covered the front and back with two coats of varnish to increase durability and water resistance.

The pendant is hung on 20" of copper toned chain with a spring ring clasp closure. A golden colored half pearl was added to her headband for some dimension. The woman has a very soulful expression.

You can make your own altered game piece pendant or this one is listed in my Etsy Store.

I am entering this necklace in the following challenges:

Creative Moments - #3 anything goes
Tuesday Alchemy - #39 no cards
Papertake Weekly - anything goes
One Stitch at a Time - anything goes
Papercrafting Journey - anything goes
Kaboodle Doodle - #144 anything goes

~following my paper whims~wendy

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful!! What a great way to use that game!!! That is brilliant!! Thanks for playing along with us at One Stitch At A Time!! Good luck :) Hope to see you again next week too!!

- Susan, DT @ OSAAT

Josephine said...

What a great idea!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

Netty said...

Great recycling Wendy and loving your spools necklace below, wow. xx

Cumbrianlass said...

It is fantastic and so clever and imagnative.
thanks for joining in the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge
Janet