Thursday, November 15, 2012

Smeared & Smudged November Blog Hop


Blog Roll:







When I learned the Smeared & Smudged November Blog Hop was to alter something, I got really excited. I headed off to the thrift store to find something to alter and repurpose. Thrift stores are a treasure trove of goodies to reinvent. I bought this ceramic candle holder to recreate. I spray painted the house black and then found my Smeared Ink Quoth the Raven digital set and began to play. I thought Edgar would make a good altered raven. I also used the wings, skull and words from the set on the piece. I had fun creating and photographing this Raven House.

Now, please have a look at what Fiona has altered!

I am entering my altered house in the following challenges:

Forever Night - #53 anything goes
Glitter & Sparkle - #6 things with wings
Through the Craftroom Door -#44 anything goes
Lady Anne's - anything goes
Penny's Paper Crafty - #102 anything goes


~crafting my paper whims~wendy

15 comments:

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard said...

Such a great project you have present here. Love the house it is fabulously done. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's. I hope we see you again.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx
cardsbyladyanne

LisaVeronica said...

It turned out so great, Wendy! It is great fun to look at all the lovely details.

silvia said...

Fabulous!!!

Unknown said...

Very cute!! I just went to the thrift store.. LOVE them!!

Fiona (anubis 1 ) said...

What a Fabulous House Wendy. Love what you have done here. The Raven is awesome.

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

Love this Bird house..watch out it may confuse the birds lol wonderful execution of your idea.
hugs,
susan s.

craftygranny said...

beautiful well done hun it's fab. Thanks for joining us at glitternsparkle hugs trisha x

Unknown said...

Love your little altered house it looks awesome
Hugs xxx

sassyb07 said...

great project, thanks for joining us at Lady Anne's
hugs, Valerie
DT

CarlaKH said...

Ooh this is sooo cool! Love it! I can see I need to take a trip to my local thrift store soon! It looks great in black!

Candace Jedrowicz said...

Oh my heck! You are a creative goddess! Rock on sister!

Vee Cassidy said...

Fabulous altered piece, Wendy and the Poe theme is awesom I love all the little touches so brilliant. Vee xx

Shilpi Gupta said...

Lovely project. Thanks for joining at Pennys.
Hugs,
Shilpi

DK Spins said...

This is an awesome piece Wendy! Love how you altered Poe as a raven,too. It's beautiful.

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

looks cool thanks for joining us at glitter n sparkle and good luck emma xx