Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tuesday Alchemy DT - #42

 TUESDAY ALCHEMY
CHALLENGE #42

The Tuesday Alchemy Challenge this week is ANYTHING GOES.  Please check  the site for challenge rules and prizes.

 
I created this Steampunk Butterfly ornament from an altered wooden ice cream spoon. I painted the ice cream stick yellow and then used permanent ink to stamp on the image. The rubber stamp is from A Stamp in the Hand. I went around the edges with colored pencils and blushed her cheeks with some chalk. I applied two light coats of spray varnish to set the colors. The butterfly is clipart from Dover. I laminated the butterfly to add stability and durability to the ornament. The two pieces are joined with double stick tape. I used Ranger Glossy Accents dimensional glue to adhere the letters to spell fly. I use Ranger Glossy Accents for attaching embellishments when I want a really strong bond. To attach a hanger to my ornament, I used black chain and jump rings. 

I hope you have been inspired to create something for this weeks ANYTHING GOES Challenge on Tuesday Alchemy. Please also check out the wonderful creations my fellow design team members have created. 

I am entering this ornament in the following challenges:

Paper Playtime - #89 anything goes
Pause Dream Enjoy - #47 anything goes
The Corrosive Challenge - #163 anything goes
Pile it On - #48 anything but Christmas

~giving my paper whims wings~Wendy




5 comments:

Laine Kammeraad said...

Hi Wendy

Your altered steam punk butterfly is amazing. I am completely intrigued by the steam punk design even though I haven't jumped in to that area yet. I absolutely love your project. Thanks for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog. I am now a follower of your blog and have no idea how i missed adding you earlier. So delighted you are part of the TA team.

Hugs and smiles

Laine

Laine Kammeraad said...

By the way I am having a blog candy give away if you would like to join in.

Hugs

Laine

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like all things Butterfly and yours is unique. Thanks for entering Pause Dream Enjoy Anything Goes challenge.
Melissa
“Sunshine HoneyBee”
PDE DT Group B

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard said...

What an amazing project you have created I love the steam punk design you have used. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's. I hope we see you again.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx
cardsbyladyanne

mags said...

Unusual but lovely project. Thanks for sharing with us at Corrosive Challenges.
Mags
x