Thursday, November 8, 2012

Wooden Spool Necklace



I made this spool necklace from three mini-wooden spools (3/4" long) and two smaller spools (1/2" long) that I painted brown and slightly distressed with sand paper. I glued abstract printed fabric onto the spools. I created a tassel with some sock yarn that had the appearance of embroidery floss. I covered my gathering knot with a small piece of the fabric. The spools are strung on 20" of copper-tone chain. Take the spools with you to the craft store to buy some chain that will fit through the holes in the spool. The necklace is a useful way to use up some of those fabric scraps you have laying around. Hmmmm, I'm thinking the smaller spools alone would make a cute bracelet.

If you like this necklace, it is listed in my Etsy Shop.

No comments: