Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Altered Glass Tile Pendant Necklace - Grungy Lace





This grungy lace pendant is made from an altered glass tile from the home improvement store. The tile has been altered with acrylic paint and a scrap of lace. The tile was painted off white and the scrap of lace was painted grey/gray. I attached the lace to the pendant with Glossy Accents. Once the GA was dry, I drybrushed the red accents onto the tile. The tile was then sealed with water based varnish.

The tile measures 1 7/8 x 1/2 inches and has a well weathered silver colored metal nut attached as a bail. I used Ranger Glossy Accents for my glue. I attached the nut and let it dry overnight. Then I used the GA all around the base of the nut again to really reinforce the bond.

The pendant is strung on 20 inches of chain with a barrel clasp. To use up some of my smaller pieces of chain, I joined the pieces with an enameled square. The pendant has a tattered and rustic vibe to it. I hope you will make one for yourself.

♥ Wendy




No comments: