Monday, September 16, 2013

Sunshine Plant Stick



I altered a round playing card to create this plant stick. I used a new technique to color the background of the card. I used red, orange and yellow alcohol inks on my craft surface and spritzed with some water and then dragged and swirled my card around until I came up with a color combo I liked. It was a little too tame for me so I added some additional drops of yellow while the card was still wet. When the inks dried, I dry brushed with white paint in the center of the card so that my sun face would show up better. My stamp is from Embossing Arts.  I like how it turned out!

I am entering this plant stick in the following challenges:

One Sweet Challenge - brown (wooden stick), yellow, orange and red
Domino Art - #6 sun
Stampotique - #116 try a new technique
Crafter's Cafe - #28 no designer paper
The Paper Shelter - #128 sun, moon or stars
Penny's Paper Crafty - #144 anything goes
Left of Center - #14 no designer papers
The Crafting Cafe - altered art
Simon Says Monday - no plain paper stamping

♥ Wendy


14 comments:

Cards By MI said...

This is really lovely. I think it's just brillant. Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
Love n hugs
Marie, Team leader TPS

Dawn said...

Great project! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafting Cafe this time!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xxx

Unknown said...

Wow! What a great idea. I would never have thought to use a playing card this way. I really like the sun on the front. Great job.Thanks for playing along with The Crafter's Cafe Challenge & good luck!
'Shell
http://shellscardhaven.blogspot.ca

Sam & Poppy said...

Fab idea and gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week.

Kay Wallace said...

Love the idea of a "plant stick"! And what a cheerful one, at that! Great "happy" colors you have chosen, and that sun image works perfectly!

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Really great idea! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique. XOXO

Sylvia Anderson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle B. said...

Round playing card, wow how unique is that! Beautiful project and love the technique you used, very creative! So glad you joined us for our Altered Art Challenge at The Crafting Cafe!
Michelle B.
Crafting Cafe Design Team

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous project. Thank you for joining us at One Sweet Challenge.
susan s
Sweet Pea stamps design Team

Unknown said...

what a fab idea thanks for playing at LOC
www.creativecardcraft.blodspot.com
www.punkyougirl.blogspot.co.uk

Sylvia Anderson said...

This is beautiful.
Thank you for joining in the Crafting Café challenge, good luck x

Julie Lee said...

Really beautiful, unusual idea! Julie Ann xx

Suzanne C said...

What a beautiful Plant stick! YOur technique with the alcohol inks and water gave a lovely effect on the round playing card. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely sunshine plant stik you have made here. Thanks for taking part in the One Sweet Challenge this month of “brown, yellow, orange and red” and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stamp Design Team xxx